Often, when returning from holidays, many customers come to our Barbershops to ask us why during the summer period the beard and their gray hair have turned yellow, definitely tending to yellow. Do you know the answer? Let’s find out together!
The reasons for hair yellowing are mainly two: the first is that keratin, that is, the protein that makes up the hair structure, has a color tending to yellow and no longer the natural pigments of the hair (ie melanin, almost absent in gray or white hair) is easier for those traces of yellow emerge. The second concerns, instead, the porosity of the hair, which increases progressively over time. A more porous hair is a hair that will stain more easily, retaining the yellow.
In this second case, external agents also play an important role, especially in the summer. Here are some that, we bet, you did not suspect in the slightest:
1. THE SUN: The first cause is definitely sun exposure, which causes a color change in the pigment. An obvious solution can be wearing a hat, which protects the scalp from damage caused by the sun.
2. WATER: we know, in summer we often wet our hair; beach holidays, swimming in the pool, water balloons between friends and frequent showers are among the causes of this phenomenon. One tip that can come in handy is to wash your hair with fresh water after each bath both at sea and in the pool.
3. HAIR DRYER AND PLATES: Heat damage can be caused by burning or scalp reactions at high temperatures. So let’s avoid these situations: it is a good thing not to expose the hair in
to give a special attention to the health of our planet.
4. AIR POLLUTION: often this is also due to the places of work or where we spend most of our time. An excellent reason, among the other thousand, to give an eye to the health of our planet.
5. SMOKING: cigarette smoke contains tar and, among other things, can cause this yellowing. If you wanted one more reason to quit smoking, here it is!
6. HAIR PRODUCTS: have you ever noticed? Several products contain dyes but so far not bad, obviously it is the abuse of them a possible cause of yellowing.
7. HAIR ACCESSORIES: believe it or not, your accessories like headbands, bracelets are dyed and often when you sweat they release color. Wash them by hand with warm water and if you notice that during washing they release dye do not hesitate to throw them away.
We have explained to you some of the main causes. Do you know others? Ok, now we know the reasons and some natural remedy: if you want to do more, however, we at Bullfrog have the right solution. That’s right: as loyal customers already know, there is a product that thanks to its active ingredients can help solve this problem.
No-Yellow Enlightening Shampoo, in fact, is a product of professional performance, designed for all those who have gray beard and hair, white or bleached, which often tend to turn yellow over time, which, thanks to its blue pigments counteracts this phenomenon. One application a couple of times a week in the shower is enough to immediately achieve the desired effect. Leave the foam on for a few minutes and rinse.
An extra ally for a return from vacation with a perfect look, to the envy of your colleagues in the office.